- Data Analytics
About the role
Data Insight Analyst
Bristol (Remote/Flexible Options)
MBN’s client, a leading technology and telecommunications business is in search for several Data Insight Analysts to join their Bristol based team.
You will play a critical role in delivering Insight & Analytics and will be part of a team responsible for ensuring that business units are able to get the insight they need to make the right operational decisions.
You will work on one of the largest data led transformation projects undertaken across several products and programmes, using technical skills to independently interrogate data and conduct or create new analysis which may lead to one off action, the longer-term development of a dashboard to optimise or automate processes, or further detailed analysis to predict and forecast future performance.
• Responsibility for the creation, development, and use of key analytics, dashboards, or reports.
• Technical skills to obtain data from structured Oracle datasets, and data from various cloud platforms.
• Generate business-relevant, actionable insights to be presented to senior stakeholders.
• To support on MIS production as required: drive insight stories; support on data analysis designs; support on specific data creation and data manipulation (including writing useful documentation that encourages exploitation by others).
• Ability to role model evidence-based decision-making and knowledge sharing, applying, and complying with existing best practice data and analytics guidelines and governance.
• Create recommendations based on solid analysis that allows the business to make informed decisions on the order and priority of improvements.
• To communicate in an inspiring, compelling, and interesting way using real case study examples and/or benchmark information.
Capable user of Oracle SQL who can link datasets together to answer core questions and allows people to extract the new datasets. Other types of SQL experience will be considered.
Expert user of Excel and PowerPoint.
Commercial experience with Qliksense (Power BI or Tableau experience will be considered)
Able to turn complex quantitative insight into high level management information for the use of senior management, extracting the key signals and translating it into actionable intelligence.
An ability to coach people in SQL, Excel and data analysis, acting as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Experience in using R or Python to deliver insight or predictive models is desirable but not essential, the role will involve training in these tools and skills.
Experience in using cloud technologies to deliver insight such as AWS or GCP is desirable but not essential.