- Data Engineering
About the role
£90,000 - £100,000 + benefits
Hybrid, based in London or Leeds
MBN are now collaborating with one of the UK’s top, award-winning AI start-ups to find them a Data Architect who can strategize the implementation of their new MLOps platform. This role is within their data science function and will affect how models are created & deployed across the business.
This organisation uses advanced AI alongside Human Intelligence to tackle misinformation, disinformation and the harms associated with them at scale. You will be working with a team of very talented Data & ML Engineers, and in a rapidly growing environment which will scale alongside your strategy. As part of the data strategy, you will be developing their cloud capability and laying the foundations for data usage, governance, and efficiency across the organisation – the environment is within Google Cloud Platform but that is not a hard requirement for the team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work with data scientists, platform & data engineers, and domain experts to design machine learning pipelines developing both inbound and outbound data engineering policies in order to increase production workflows as a next logical step to model experimentation
- Design and implement end-to-end machine learning pipelines accounting for the variability in data sources and collection policies, data analysis and feature extraction methodologies, modelling frameworks for cloud and edge, and serving infrastructure
- Use configuration and API management to abstract and automate most manual tasks both pre-modelling and post-deployment
- Work with data scientists, DevOps, data engineers/SMEs from domain to understand how data availability and quality affects model performance
- Recommend the best data technology solutions that would help alleviate the problems and gaps in the end-to-end data and MLops workflows of the business
Tech & Skills
- Solid understanding of MLOps principles and Machine Learning concepts, experience with MLOps tools like Kuberflow, MLFlow etc
- Development of cloud data platform – GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience with data tooling such as Databricks, Spark, BigQuery, DataFactory
- Experience with machine learning libraries (e.g. Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet, etc), API design, DevOps and CI/CD way of working
- Software Engineering skills using Python, Java, or Scala
MBN are proud to support the growth of Data functions across the UK. Get in touch to hear about our other fantastic Data Engineering opportunities, or to find out how we can support your business’s recruitment strategy for 2022.