- Data Engineering
About the role
Competitive Salary & package
MBN are working with a fantastic high quality Data Solutions Consultancy to help them bring in a talented Data Engineer. We’re looking to speak with confident, problem solving individuals who enjoy collaborating with colleagues to design data solutions.
The culture in this organisation is one that pushes development & support on a daily baiss, and the team are very welcoming. They work in specialised squads to provide data solutions to various household names, mainly developing with the Microsoft Stack & Cloud platforms. Strong SQL skills are essential for this role, and if you’ve worked with Big Data & Azure or AWS that would be beneficial. This position is a mid-level role which means you’ll have the opportunity to work with Architects & team leads, and mentor junior engineers once settled in.
You will get the opportunity to work with data from multiple and varying sources - thinking on your feet and working with drive is essential. This role involves teamwork and collaboration, allowing the company to modernise their data architecture.
What we will need the person to do:
- Design and implement data solutions.
- Work with cloud services such as Microsoft Azure.
- Optimise for speed, scalability, reliability and performance.
- Learn, implement and share the latest tools, libraries and design patterns.
- Take part in daily stand-ups and project planning sessions.
- Care passionately about what you do.
- Take ownership of technical issues.
- Work closely with our clients, other technical resources and account managers.
Technical skills (needs)
- Experience of Microsoft development tools such as Visual Studio and SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Understanding of database design, modelling and performance, including query tuning.
Technical skills (wants)
- Experience of supporting technologies such as Microsoft DevOps and Git.
- Experience working within Agile projects and using technology to support these working practices.
- Experience of Cloud based platforms such as Microsoft Azure.
- Experience of marketing automation systems would be helpful – e.g. Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Awareness of customer data management and security best practices, especially with reference to current legislation and compliance (such as GDPR).