- Data Engineering
About the role
£55,000 - £65,000 + Comprehensive Package
MBN are now supporting a exceptional Satellite Data organisation in their search for a Data Engineer to advance the development of their excellent GCP Data Platform. This is a key hire, and the selected candidate will join their talented Data Analytics team to build scalable data pipelines and help take their data capabilities to the next level.
We’re looking to bring in a hands-on specialist who has strong skills in Engineering with demonstratable cloud experience who understands the wider principles of data, including automation & live streaming. You’ll have the opportunity to design bespoke data driven products and innovate to solve problems alongside Software Engineers, Data Scientists and team managers.
- Development of cutting-edge data solutions through the application of modern principles and data streaming tools.
- Work with key stakeholders to deliver strategic data solutions providing scalable data platforms and rich datasets.
- Advise on best practice across embedding new data techniques and pathing the way for change.
Spark/Kafka/Dataflow * Python * GCP * Data Modelling * Data Engineering * SQL * Airflow
Key Skills & Experience required:
- Good understanding of programming languages such as Python/SQL
- Ability to design and implement high quality data streaming pipelines
- Strong experience with GCP from an architectural level
- Strong understanding of API’s, CI/CD, Containerization, Infrastructure
- Solid understanding of modern programming principles and data streaming tools.