- Data Analytics
About the role
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Exeter (Flexible/Remote working Options)
MBN’s client, a leading retail organisation is in search for a number of Data Engineers to join their Data team.
The role will be to join the existing Data Management team to migrate existing on prem Data Lifecycle Management (DLCM) processes into Azure.
- Assess existing DLCM processes for cloud migration suitability.
- Create a prioritised list based on suitability and data value.
- Work with the Data Architect to define target architecture for the cloud.
- Create data structure designs and share with key stakeholders to get alignment.
- Work with Data Engineering and Data Architecture to set up environment.
- Create automated data pipelines.
- Put in place DevOps processes and performance tuning to optimise solution performance.
- Migrate file-based systems to Azure-based storage solutions, including access and security requirements.
- Put in place automated testing to enable ability to evolve data processing overtime without impacting existing processes.
- Document new data pipeline processes including runbooks for pass back into Data Management team ensuring a smooth handover.
- Build in Azure cost reporting, including the tagging of infrastructure to enable understanding of cost disbursement across business units.
- Several years experience as an Established Data Engineer working with the Azure platform
- Experience in ETL Tools such as ADF and FME
- Azure Experience is essential for the role (Monitor, Key Vault, Purview, Data Lake)
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.