- Data Engineering
About the role
Data Engineer – Edinburgh (remote working available)
Up to £70,000 + package
MBN are proud to be supporting a highly innovative Advertising and Marketing company who are looking for Data Engineers to join their team on a permanent basis – multiple positions available!
This company is a global leader in geospatial and digital advertising working with major brands such as McDonald’s; Samsung; HSBC; Mercedes Benz and Unilever.
Working in the role, you will be working on challenges such as identifying and predicting how people move in the real world, determining effective goal-based bidding strategies, filtering out unreliable or fraudulent data from streaming location signals, and classifying potential shoppers. In addition to this, you will be working on massive data sets (over 350gb/hour of data and 400k decision requests/second).
- Design, build and maintain large scale Machine Learning systems and data pipelines.
- Identity, explore and exploit new and innovative opportunities for commercial and technical growth
- Collaborate closely with the Product Team and be comfortable with taking, making and delivering against fast paced solutions to company clients.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable with fast feature delivery and a robust engineered follow up.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Fluent in Python for data and computational tasks
- Experienced with data sourcing i.e streaming data, relational and non-relational databases, and distributed processing technologies (e.g. Spark)
- Well versed in Python data science libraries e.g. pandas, scikit-learn, scipy, numpy, MLlib and/or other machine learning and statistical libraries
- Excellent knowledge of cloud based services (GCP; Azure or AWS)
- Strong understanding of server-side Linux
- Working knowledge of ML and CI/CD is highly desirable
For more information or to apply, please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or press apply now.