- Data Engineering
About the role
Data Engineer – Edinburgh (Hybrid Working)
Up to £75,000 + Package
MBN are partnering exclusively with a global Fintech who have massively disrupted the Credit industry over the past few years whilst accumulating a highly impressive consumer base. The organization are building a new data hub in Edinburgh, engineering a highly scalable data platform paramount to their software as a service offering.
In this role, you will be working on a platform that will hold data on millions of users across the world. This will involve designing and implementing massively high-volume and robust data pipelines that will feed user behavioural data back into production systems. You will engineer systems that will power analytics which will handle thousands of events per second from users interacting with our product.
- The data team ingests and processes >200M events per day, built using Kinesis, Kafka and Spark-streaming and written in Scala and Python.
- Airflow, Spark, Spark-SQL and AWS-glue for batch processing.
- AWS, Jenkins, Docker and Terraform for infrastructure.
- "You build it you run it" culture, empowering our engineers to work with AWS, Docker and Terraform.
- BDD/TDD and peer-reviewing enabling us to do frequent yet resilient releases to global markets.
- Proven industry experience in a language such as Scala or Python.
- A sound understanding of working in a cloud environment specifically within Data Warehouses (BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift etc)
- A willingness to get your hands dirty with infrastructure-related technology such as Terraform.
- Code quality - you know how to ensure that the code you write is well tested.
- Able to understand that the work you do has a wider impact across the company and are able to converse about what you do to people who aren’t necessarily part of the technology division.
For more information or to apply, please send an updated CV to Kris@mbnsolutions.com or apply now.