Data Engineering Manager
- Data Engineering
About the role
Data Engineering Manager – Azure
Glasgow - Hybrid
Up to £80,000 + package
MBN are excited to be supporting a high-profile Facilities Management company with a global presence appoint a Data Engineering Manager into their Glasgow based team.
This company work with some of the world’s best known brands and provide an IoT enabled Facilities Management platform with innovative predictive maintenance capabilities for their clients worldwide.
This is a Technical Leadership role where you will be leading the Data Team as well as being the technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) of Data and MI-BI solutions. You will be the bridge between the Teams, business areas and customers. The Lead will be ultimately responsible for the quality of the work done by the Team they lead. The squad is a mix of MI/BI Developers, Data Engineers, Data Scientists and some contractors.
What you’ll be doing:
- Line manage a team of MI/BI Developers and Data Engineer/Scientist.
- Leading team in the definition of best practices & repeatable methodologies in Data Engineering (including Data Storage, ETL, Data Warehousing), BI, Data Visualisation, Data Presentation, Data Analytics & Data Science.
- Contribute to the development of the Data & MI team's direction and strategy.
- Play a key role in in establishing, championing and supporting architectural decisions.
- Input heavily into the technical roadmap, and how it folds into the product roadmap.
- Work closely with the Product Owners, stakeholders and other Tech Leads to design high quality technical solutions which meet specified business objectives, whilst adhering to overarching business and technical requirements and constraints.
- Ensure that any solutions meet regulatory obligations set by the FCA with specific focus on GDPR and other data and non-data related regulations.
- Maintain operational resilience with robust reporting & controls on performance, contingency, and third-party management.
- Ensure all business intelligence solution design, development & delivery follow appropriate governance process and policy.
- Ensuring the branching and merging policy is adhered to.
- Focus the squad on creating interesting technical solutions to business problems, to bring a positive energy to the work done.
- Work with ART Managers to support release planning.
- Work with the Application Operations team to support the build and release process.
- Act as a strong voice in the definition of squad and clan OKRs.
Required Skills &Experience:
- Experience in a Data Engineering or BI Leadership role
- Experience of the Azure Cloud platform and the following is essential:
- Azure SQL Database
- Advanced T-SQL
- Azure Synapse
- Data warehousing in Azure
- Power BI (desirable)
- Databricks (desirable)
- Datalakes (desirable)
For more information or to apply, please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or press apply now.