Data Science Consultant
- Data Science
About the role
Data Science Consultant – Edinburgh
£50,000 - £70,000 + Package
MBN are partnering with Forth Point, a new Industrial IoT startup who are looking to become the UK’s largest Data & Analytics specialist focused on delivering against the promise of the 4th industrial revolution.
The promise of the industry 4.0 is that connectivity between devices has the potential to deliver huge gains in productivity, efficiency, and innovation but without harnessing the power of this interconnected world, that promise will never be realised.
Through Forth Point you will have the opportunity to deliver world class solutions to their customers through the use of Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence applications.
Life as a Data Science Consultant at Forth Point
Our Data Science Consultant is someone who feels the most comfortable around messy data, solving problems and answering questions. We place a high value on the ability to communicate and translate complex analytical thinking into non-technical and commercially oriented concepts, and experience working on difficult projects and/or with demanding stakeholders is always appreciated.
This role will be responsible for driving high delivery standards and innovation in the company. Typically, this involves using data analytics and machine learning to conduct in-depth analysis which uncovers actionable insights and then reporting the findings back to stakeholders in a clear and relevant manner.
As the Data Science team grows, mentoring junior analysts/data scientists and leading project teams will also form part of day-to-day functions.
Key Skills & Experience Required
- Experience delivering data science projects in a non-academic setting
- Understanding of the full model life-cycle and defining key parameters. Creation, deployment, productionise and maintain
- Data visualisation using software such as Tableau and PowerBI
- Machine learning capabilities (supervised and unsupervised) e.g Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, K-means, Neural Nets etc
Nice to have
- Experience with recommendation systems advantageous
- Ability to work and process large amounts of data/experience working with cloud environments
- Deep Learning knowledge (Pytorch, TensorFlow, Keras) for NLP and Computer Vision related projects
- Experience and working knowledge of relevant sectors (e.g. manufacturing, energy, public sector, automotive and utilities industries) is desired but not essential
- Ability to be flexible with approaches, techniques and technology