Data Science Manager – Edinburgh (Fully Remote Working Options)
Six Figure Package – Including comprehensive benefits
MBN are partnering with a leading digital bank in Edinburgh to help them appoint a Data Science Manager. The business are looking for a strong technical leader capable of managing a highly talented team of six Data Scientists.
The role will be about 10% hands on with more emphasis being put on leadership, stakeholder management and innovation. The team will have a specific remit of creating machine learning algorithms (Forecasting & Optimisation) for pricing recommendations across key products such as credit cards, loans and insurance products.
- Leading a team of specialists to apply industry best practice in data science so the bank leverages its data assets to meet the current and future needs of customers
- Engaging with external centres of excellence to identify opportunities for collaborative projects and bring in-house industry-leading best practice. Championing an environment of innovation and test and learn
- Embedding an engaging, challenging and supportive environment that delivers career development.
- Directing the design of predictive and prescriptive solutions aligned to priorities of the Analytics strategy
- Leading the design and delivery of analytical solutions that directly impact the customer, these solutions extend across personalisation, attribution, pricing and value modelling.
- Leading the design and development of modelling solutions within a multi-disciplinary team working in agile ways to deliver better outcomes for customers and improved financial returns
Required skills/ experience
- Strong quantitative analytics background preferably in retail markets retail financial services
- Extensive experience of using analytics to design, drive and deliver business strategies in a fast paced environment
- Experience managing a team of Data Scientists and being responsible for their output
- Expert knowledge of using machine learning to drive commercial benefits
- Able to influence key stakeholders and build relationships at all levels across the business
- Strong communication and presentation skills
For more information or to apply, please send an updated CV to Kris@mbnsolutions.com or apply now.