Data Science Platform Engineering Lead
- Data Engineering
About the role
Data Science Platform Engineering Lead – Fully remote
Up to £130,000 + Comprehensive Bonus & Benefits
MBN are partnering exclusively with a global bank to help them appoint a Data Science Platform Engineering Lead.
The position will require extensive technical knowledge particularly within data engineering (enterprise data warehouses and data lakes) and the capacity to lead a platform which supports data science life cycle stages and can run data science & ML ops tools as a service. There will be a further requirement to have a managerial background with the position having senior managers which report in to it.
Do you have?
- Experience in supporting data science life cycle stages
- Experience in running Data Science & ML Ops tools as a service, preferably AWS SageMaker
- Experience in managing platform risk and c.£10m per year budget for people, licenses and environments
- SAFE product owner or similar with excellent stakeholder manager and communication skills
- In depth understanding of data lake, data warehouse and distributed data platforms (S3, Spark, Hadoop)
- Strong knowledge across AWS services
- People & Technical leadership skills
What you’ll do
- You will lead and inspire a team of Data Engineers to build, manage and maintain a dual on premise and cloud based data science platform
- On Premise - Cloudera with Hadoop Clusters (Spark, Hive)
- Cloud – AWS SageMaker
- DS – Zeppelin
- The team and platform will provide access to rich datasets for machine learning purposes as well as supporting the production stages of the ML life cycle
- You will work closely with your lead Data Science peers to ensure the platform is fit for purpose
Location – The role is available on a fully remote basis but the organisation have offices in Edinburgh, London, Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol.