- Data Science
About the role
Senior Data Scientist (Statistics) – London – Insurance - £100k
Are you a Data Scientist who has experience developing statistical models?
Do you consider yourself an expert in Bayesian statistics?
Who are we?
We’re one of the largest Insurance companies in the world, with over 50,000 people across the globe and we are looking for a Data Scientist to one of our actuary teams, helping build statistical models to be used for rating software for underwriters.
What should my background look like?
You’ll come from a strong statistical analysis/mathematical background with experience in developing probability models for forecasting, prediction and inferences.
You’ll have deep knowledge of the fundamentals of Bayesian statistics which you’ll be confident in applying.
What skills should I have?
As our Senior Data Scientist
- A degree in a Mathematic/Statistical related subject
- You’ll have at least 3 years’ experience developing statistical models using Bayesian methods
- Have a deep technical understanding of Bayesian statistics
- Any experience mentoring would be an advantage as you’ll be mentoring 2 junior modellers.
What’s on offer?
There’s a generous base salary of up to £100k on offer including car allowance, as well as bonus, flexible working and the usual benefits you’d expect from a multinational company such as healthcare, medical insurance etc.
How do I find out more?
If you feel this is the role for you or would like to find out more get in touch by clicking the ‘apply now’ button or get in touch with me by the following:
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call me on 01412250189