About the role
Data Scientist – Stirling (Fully Remote)
£45,000 - £55,000 + Package
MBN are partnering with a world leading medical technology company who develop and manufacture smart connected diagnostics devices. The business have an opportunity to join experienced team of Statisticians and Data Scientists who are continually looking to improve their product suite and understand their customers better to improve their health.
As a Data Scientist you will extract, analyse and interpret large amounts of data from a range of sources, using algorithmic, data mining, artificial intelligence, machine learning and statistical tools, in order to make it accessible to businesses. Presenting results using clear and engaging language to aid in business decision making.
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider organisation
- Writing, testing and validation of statistical and machine learning scripts across in Python/Scipy and SQL
- Assist with the translation of functions and scripts from other programming languages to Python to support with the development of a fully verified python package for the business
- Write bespoke programs to automate the analysis of laboratory data from source to the production of results, graphical outputs and detailed reports.
- Maintain clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and report results
- Create clear reports that tell compelling stories about how customers or clients work with the business
- Assess the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods
- Conduct research from which you'll develop prototypes and proof of concepts
- Look for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across other functions in the organisation