- Data Science
About the role
Data Scientist – Remote working available
Up to £48,500 + Package
MBN are partnering with public sector client who are looking to transform the use of digital technology within their review process, improving the ways that staff analyse and present data.
They believe that public money (around £57 billion a year) should be spent wisely. Our client wants to make sure Scotland makes the very best of the opportunities and that change is delivered well – transparent financial reporting and delivering value for money are key to this.
As part of the team, you will be responsible for pushing forward our technical approach. Using coding, maths, statistics, and software engineering, you will deliver products involving data analysis, predictive insights, and specialised process automation. This will involve working directly with technical staff to refine requirements, prototype solutions, and to research/evaluate new approaches across both financial audit, and performance audit.
Required Skills And Qualifications
- Master’s or PhD in statistics, operations research, data analytics, data science or closely related field
- Ability to effectively use advanced algorithms to assess complex data resulting in practical insights
- Ability to work and process large amounts of data/experience working with cloud environments
- Machine learning capabilities (supervised and unsupervised) e.g Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, K-means, Neural Nets etc
- Highly skilled in R or Python
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Skills And Qualifications
- Strong background, or for PhD candidates, research in one or more of the following areas: Bayesian modelling, machine learning, optimisation, reinforcement learning or time series.
- Experience and working knowledge of relevant sectors (e.g. financial sector or public sector) is desired but not essential
For more information or to apply, please send across an updated CV to email@example.com or apply now.