Data Visualisation Analyst
- Data Science
About the role
Senior Data Visualisation Analyst ( Quick Sight)
Central London – Victoria, Flexible /Remote Working Options
MBN’s client, a leading Analytics consultancy is in search of a Senior Data Visualisation specialist who has experience with Quicksight to join their established Analytics and Data Science division.
- Lead data visualisation engagements, design and implement data visualisation solutions.
- Drive the interaction with clients and stakeholders to clarify the business context and the features of the data visualisation
- to be built.
- Get a deep understanding of the client data and how it relates to the problems that you’re trying to solve.
- Design, implement and test as well as operate dashboards. This can involve any or all of the following:
- Use SQL to create views and prepare data for consumption by the BI tools.
- Use either SQL or tool functionality to create the required aggregations and Key Performance indicators in line with business requirements.
- Create dashboards in line with business requirements using Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Amazon QuickSight, Tableau).
- Present to client stakeholders, commonly presenting your findings using Power Point presentations.
- A minimum 2.1 Bachelor’s degree is required, but a Master’s is preferred. Acceptable degrees are IT/Computer Science, Statistics/Math, Data Analytics, Business Analytics, Data Science.
- Ability to quickly acquire new skills and tools.
- Excellent understanding of key foundational concepts (e.g. data visualisation, statistics, databases).
- Working knowledge of foundational services for data visualisation on AWS (e.g. S3, Athena, QuickSight, Glue). Although not required, being AWS certified is a strong plus.
- Proven experience developing dashboards with data visualisation tools (especially Amazon QuickSight).
- Proficiency with SQL.