Director of Data Science
- Data Science
- £100,000 +
About the role
Director / VP, Data Science Delivery Leader – Europe
Up to £140,000 (€ 160,000 Euros) + Bonus + Benefits
Amsterdam – Opportunities for Remote/Flexible Working for UK based candidates or candidates in Europe
MBN’s Client, a Leading US-based Analytics and Data Science Consultancy is looking to expand into the European region.
The business already has a team and clients in Europe and require a Senior Director/VP of Data Science Delivery to join. This is a senior leadership role, with the successful candidate taking point on client accounts as well as using their technical expertise to advise and implement best practice within a data environment.
The ideal candidate will be eager to engage clients, drive innovation through experience, and is strong at both “doing” and collaborating with other members of the team.
- Manage and collaborate across teams – providing input into the solution architecture.
- Own major account/retainer or own a function/capability within Data Science team being recognized as a subject matter expert as well as an internal and external thought leader.
- Client level P&L accountability or functional solution ownership.
- Contribute to the development of a knowledge base, build case studies, and work with new business teams to demonstrate the value of an integrated approach.
- MS or PhD degree in Statistics, Math, Operation Research, Economics, Advanced Analytics, Computer Sciences, Engineering
- Several years of professional experience in data science analytics in areas such as predictive modeling, statistical analysis, machine learning, text mining, geo-spatial analytics, time series forecasting and/or optimization
- Proven track record in using machine learning algorithms to impact business across a spectrum of NLP, binary, continuous and classification type outcomes
- Demonstrates the ability to create raving-fan clients and drive positive, measurable marketing results
- Proven ability to manage complex retainer relationship with numerous supporting resources ensuring that all resources are optimally utilized while creating a positive work environment
- Problem-solve with practice leaders to translate the business problem into a workable Data Science solution; propose different approaches and their pros and cons
- Build analytics tools to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
- Ability to pivot complex data to answer business questions and proven ability to visualize data for influencing
- Manage, mentor, and motivate direct reports across all levels to encourage their professional development while providing daily supervision and guidance
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment
- Background across multiple verticals
- Experience with one or more Data Science software languages (Python, R, SAS)
- Proven ability to deploy machine learning models from the research environment (Jupyter Notebooks) to production via procedural or pipeline approaches.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases, query authoring (SQL) and tuning as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases including Hadoop/Hive
- Comfortable with cloud-based platforms (AWS, Azure, Google)