Senior Geospatial Data Scientist – Edinburgh (Remote Working)
Up to £75,000 + Package
Are you a Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer with a passion for Geospatial data? MBN are partnering with a location powered marketing company to help them appoint a Geospatial Data Scientist to work on their amazing GIS product.
You will extract geographic data from all data sources (including imagery) and use that data to create deep and dense maps. You will also develop event driven machine learning algorithms (Classification, Linear Regression and Anomaly Detection) to explore why things happen and predict future behavioural events.
- Create and maintain geospatial databases and help the business visualise the data
- Extract geographic data from imagery, photography and data reconnaissance
- Create and collect geographic data and compile it into maps
- Focus on the special characteristics of spatial data, using machine learning techniques to know where and why things happen
- Follow the spatial data science workflow (Data Ingestion, Enrichment, Analysis and Visualisation) to deliver critical business insights:
Key Skills & Experience:
- Experience analysing data and compiling in to maps
- Ability to tag, layer and label datasets
- Experience developing Machine Learning algorithms (Ideally across Classification, Linear Regression, pattern detection and Anomaly Detection)
- Strong programming skills ideally within Python
- Knowledge of GIS tools such as Other key tools include Geopandas, QGIS, PostGIS, CARTOframes
For more information or to apply, please send across an updated CV to email@example.com or apply now.