Head of Customer Analytics & Decisioning Science
- Data Science
About the role
Head of Customer Analytics & Decisioning Science – Edinburgh
Six Figure Package Including Benefits
MBN have been retained by Optima Partners to help them appoint a Head of Customer Analytics & Decisioning Science.
Optima Partners is an ambitious, innovation led consulting business and a leader in customer focused transformation. They work closely with some of the leading UK and Global brands to scope, design and deliver advanced analytical solutions to enrich their products and services. Additionally, they are highly passionate about their people, delivering value to their clients and enhancing the data community they are part of by creating scientific panels and partnering with research institutions to continue raising the bar across analytics and machine learning.
As Head of Customer Analytics and Decisioning Science, you must be an interactive and passionate leader with an emphasis on team growth and development. You will have considerable commercial experience, a broad and deep data analysis skillset and be capable of successfully designing and delivering multiple concurrent data initiatives to meet business and client goals. You will be a gifted and pragmatic problem solver with expertise using a variety of statistical analysis techniques to help deliver significant value to your clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help grow the wider Optima data-science practice – which specialises in Statistics, Causal Inference, Machine Learning and AI. You will create a vision, shape how you want your business unit to function and lead a team of specialist data scientists to achieve your goals. In return, you will benefit from the data-science practice’s continuous learning and knowledge share ethos, helping them to stay at the forefront of a fast-paced data-driven world.
- Relevant experience within data science / analytics roles from a consulting or client background
- Successful track record in being the technical lead or team lead in data science / analytics projects / teams
- Ability to liaise with clients to understand their requirements and design relevant analytical solutions - communicating the often complex results of which to non-analytical audiences in an engaging and transparent way
- Ability to build and manage relationships with clients and identify areas where Optima may be able to enhance their service offering
- Significant experience in successfully applying appropriate analytical techniques to solve business problems (e.g.,): predictive modelling, classification analyses / customer segmentation, clustering, text and speech analytics, time series etc.,
- Significant experience in developing analytical solutions to support business initiatives on topics such as customer retention, marketing campaign targeting, customer next best action, customer experience, customer acquisition, demand / channel management, customer profitability / value, HR / People Analytics
- Good knowledge of decisioning platforms such as Pega AI, Teradata etc., to optimise customer interactions
- Ability to create and deliver high quality presentations for clients
- Excellent skills in client stakeholder management
- Happy to work either in a small team or individually on projects
- Advanced knowledge of Statistical Analysis techniques (Regression, Propensity, Segmentation, Clustering)
- Knowledge of ML techniques (in both a supervised and unsupervised learning context) either in a hands-on or leadership capacity.
- Knowledge of Python and/or R
- Cloud Analytics experience, Google (preferred), AWS and/or Microsoft
- Decisioning platform experience, Pega (preferable) and/or Teradata
- Advanced Excel and SQL skills (including writing VBA code)