Head of Data & Analytics
- Data Science
- £100,000 +
About the role
Head of Data & Analytics – Edinburgh (Hybrid Working)
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
MBN are partnering exclusively with a leading energy organization to help them appoint a Head of Data & Analytics. The newly formed D&A team will be instrumental in supporting trading and hedging decisions, asset performance and new product development. The team will also deliver a data platform which will enable the development of advanced analytics and machine learning through the use of modern data engineering and architecture principles.
In this role, you will be responsible for understanding the data needs across the business, drive the adoption of data & analytics and deliver on the data strategy roadmap. Acting as a trusted advisor you will help senior executives grow and transform the business into an energy company that uses data efficiently and effectively to maximise value add.
- Building, driving, and maintaining the data and analytics strategy
- Leading a D&A team that supports Data Science, Engineering, Analytics & BI
- Scoping and delivering new projects to improve performance, reduce costs, mitigate risks, or achieve strategic objectives in line with the wider technology and business strategies
- Lead the development of an Azure based modern data platform enabling advanced analytics and machine learning
- Collaborating with the wider technology teams to deliver an end-to-end capability in-line with the existing technology, infrastructure, and security practices
- Lead on the development of strong governance and control processes
Key Skills & Experience:
- A highly confident individual, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be incredibly commercially focused with the ability to think strategically, create plans/roadmaps and monitor and evaluate progress
- Significant experience operating within a modern cloud data framework (Ideally Azure but not essential)
- Good knowledge of modern programming best practices and machine learning concepts
- Good knowledge of SQL and BI tools (ideally Power BI but not essential)
- Good leadership credentials with experience managing advanced analytics or data engineering teams
- Proven track record operating in a senior capacity, building relationships and influencing at exec level
- You will be expected to be office based 3 days per week
For more information or to apply, please send your updated CV to Kris@mbnsolutions.com or apply now.