Head of NLP
- Data Science
About the role
Head of Data Science (NLP) – Sustainable Investments – remote (UK based) £150k
Are you an established Data Scientist who is an expert in Natural Language Processing?
Do you have experience working in a start/scale up environment?
Have you led a team?
If you answered yes to all to three, then maybe this is the opportunity for you.
Who are we?
We’re part of a very well-known entity, having operated for over 3 centuries at the heart of the worlds investment market. We have sub sets within the organisation, one of these is our Sustainable Investment team that are responsible for developing novel NLP based solutions that will be used by the whole investments market.
We’re at the forefront of Sustainable Investments and have achieved massive growth, whilst continuing our rapid expansion and generating high margin cash for the business.
What will I do?
We’re looking for a Head of Data Science (NLP) to join us, to develop new solutions to be used by the entire investment market. You will be very hands on in researching and developing NLP models and will be managing a small and mature team of expert Data Scientists, working with stakeholders and collaborating with other teams in the business.
There’s unlimited potential for growth within your team and you will attract likeminded people to join you as you continue the expansion.
I should apply if…
As our Head of Data Science
- You’ll have at least 3 years Applied Research experience
- Experience developing NLP models including SOTA such as Transformer models, LSTMs, GPT etc
- Be a strong coder (Python)
- Experienced with the Python ML libraries and frameworks
- Applied knowledge of SQL
- Comfortable with cloud (AWS or GCP)
- Graph knowledge is highly desirable (neo4j etc)
- You’ll have experience in leading and managing teams, work allocation, performance reviews and development of team members.
- Experience or interest in Investments (preferably Sustainable Investments)
You’ll also need to be in the UK with a valid visa for us to be able to consider you.
I’d like to find out more?
Great, click the apply now button and I’ll be in touch, or if you can’t bear to wait to hear about the role then:
Whichever you choose, I’d love to hear from you.