Lead Data Engineer
- Data Engineering
About the role
Lead Data Engineer (R&D) – Glasgow (remote working available)
Up to £80,000 + package
MBN are proud to be supporting a highly innovative Software Solutions company who are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
This company is a global leader in customer engagement and sales process enhancement working with major brands such as Nike; Red Bull; Guess; Bosch and Prudential etc.
Working in the role, you will be leading R&D experiments across a wide range of topics including ML; AR; XR; Data Modelling; NLP; Semantic Search; Cloud and Mobile.
You will be working at the cutting edge of innovation; establishing what is possible and what technologies can be used by your customers.
- Being a Technical Lead for the R&D Team
- Using Python to build out data pipelines
- Working with multiple data sources
- Critically assessing and working with legacy systems
- Building out distributed systems and data stores
- Effectively using Cloud technologies
*Python *AWS *DataBricks *Delta Lake *MySQL *Hadoop * SFDC *Azure *GCP
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience in solving complex, large-scale data and algorithmic challenges
- Fluent in Python
- Strong Cloud platform experience (AWS; GCP or Azure)
- Strong open source relational database experience
- Excellent problem solving skills and a desire to work within an R&D environment
- Previous Technical Leadership experience is desirable
For more information or to apply, please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or press apply now.