Senior Data Engineer
- Data Engineering
About the role
Senior Data Engineer – Edinburgh (Fully Remote Options)
£50,000 - £70,000 + Comprehensive Package
MBN are exclusively partnering with an iconic global brand within the Financial Services sector to help them appoint a Data Engineer. The role will provide you with an opportunity to support with the development of their big data and cloud platforms and broaden your skillset across modern data engineering practices.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll play a leading role in the technical transformation of the companies new Big Data platform held within AWS. You’ll be carrying out data engineering tasks to build a scalable data pipelines including carrying out data extractions, transforming data to make it usable and loading data into data platforms.
Key Skills & Experience required:
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts such as fact dimensional models or slowly changing dimensions.
- Experience ingesting data from multiple systems and building ETL pipelines across any of the following tools (Informatica, SSIS, PySpark, SAS DI Studio, or equivalent)
- Knowledge across public cloud or big data platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure or Hadoop preferred)
- Solid understanding of modern programming principles such as Python. Advantageous
- Experience loading data in to modern cloud data warehouses such as Snowflake, DataBricks, Redshift or equivalent.
- Experience managing parts of the project lifecycle, delivering results on time whilst managing stakeholders.