Senior Data Engineer
Up to £80,000 + Comprehensive Package
MBN are now supporting a global Research company in their search for a Senior Data Engineer to advance the development of their GCP Data Platform for Research Strategy. This is a key hire, and the selected candidate will own the development of this platform, setting Data Engineering best practice & working shoulder to shoulder with Data Scientists.
We’re looking to bring in a hands-on specialist who has strong skills in Engineering with demonstratable cloud experience in Cloud, who understands the wider principles of data, including data models and live streaming. Python is the common coding language here and is used across the function to build robust data streaming processes, expand the cloud data platform, and build models that are productionised daily.
The product that you will be working on is a Research Strategy platform which ingests huge volumes of data from varying sources. Until now, the Data Scientists have been doing some of the Engineering work but it is time for an expert to come in and build out the capability and implement robust pipelines to be used for ML & Analysis.
- Development of cutting-edge data solutions through the application of modern principles and data streaming tools.
- Work with key stakeholders to deliver strategic data solutions providing scalable data platforms and rich datasets.
- Advise on best practice across embedding new data techniques and pathing the way for change.
- Take the lead on a number of key data projects where you will have the responsibility to shape the future of the platform, and justify your methods across the business
Spark/Kafka/Dataflow * Python * GCP * Data Modelling * Data Engineering * SQL * Airflow
Key Skills & Experience required:
- Good understanding of programming languages such as Python/SQL
- Ability to design and implement high quality data streaming pipelines
- Strong experience with GCP/AWS/Azure from an architectural level
- Strong understanding of API’s, CI/CD, Containerization, Infrastructure
- Solid understanding of modern programming principles and data streaming tools.
- Experience managing end to end projects, delivering results on time whilst updating multiple stakeholders.
For more information or to apply, please send an updated cv to email@example.com or press apply now.