Senior Data Engineer
- Data Engineering
- £90,000 - £120,000
About the role
Senior Data Engineer
Fast Growing Digital Bank
£90,000 - £120,000 + Market Leading Bonus & Benefits
We’re working with a rapidly growing Digital Bank, backed by one of the UK’s largest retail banks, who are expanding their incredibly talented data team. From the very start, this business have been building one of the most advanced data platforms in the industry, and are now looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help take their plans to the next level.
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with fellow Data Engineers to ensure that data comes into the platform in a clean and efficient manner. You will lead on designing, building, and implementing streaming applications & pipelines, developing the overall platform on AWS & GCP. The application of Software principles such as Infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD, Microservices, Containerisation will be key to this role – and any experience of working in an MLOps environment would be highly desirable as well.
You’ll be a key contributor to this organisation’s growth within their highly valued data team. This is a huge opportunity to witness and support the development of a Fintech start-up and be an integral part of their journey.
- Ensure ETL is set-up to ingest data into the Cloud Platform in a clean and efficient manner
- Take ownership of projects and demonstrate your ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Implement MLOps principles into the data platform
- Design and implement real-time data analytics systems that serve all parts of the business (Product, Marketing, Customer Operations, Risk and Compliance and Engineering)
Skills & Experience Required;
- Experience programming in Python, Java or Scala
- Experience working within a modern cloud environment - ideally AWS & GCP but Azure will also be considered
- Experience of designing a scalable data platform for Machine Learning & Data Science
- Solid experience of data warehousing tools & techniques; BigQuery, Redshift etc
- Develop real-time streaming analytics pipelines, utilising Kafka, Beam, Spark, Pub/Sub, or other streaming tools
- Application of DevOps principles such as Infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD, Microservices, Containerisation (Terraform, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes)
For more information on this excellent opportunity which offers a fantastic package and remote working options, please send across your CV to EuanVance@mbnsolutions.com or apply now.