Senior Data Platform Manager
- Data Engineering
About the role
Senior Data Platform Manager – Glasgow (Hybrid)
Up to £100,000 + 40% Discretionary Bonus
MBN are partnering exclusively with a leading Energy organization to help them appoint a Data Platform Manager. The role will be responsible for managing an Azure based data platform which supports all data, reporting and machine learning activity across the business.
In this role you will provide technical knowledge to contribute to the operational performance of the platform and display commercial awareness and influence to ensure all relevant stakeholders are satisfied by the capability of the platform.
- Ensuring the continued support the data platform can provide across data science, engineering, BI & Apps Development teams.
- Managing the running of the platform, enabling scalability, embeds automation and AI driven applications whilst being cost efficient.
- Leading a technical team of Platform Support Engineers (2 FTE) and providing strategic support to BI & Data Engineers managers (2 FTE).
- Having the character required to maintain the integrity of the platform, ensuring appropriate governance and being able to handle challenges around its capabilities.
- Understand the demand / data needs of your stakeholders and prioritise their requests.
Key Skills & Experience
- Technical understanding of centralized data platforms and how they support across Analytics, Reporting & Machine learning.
- Technical understanding of modern data environments with particular focus on Cloud & infrastructure.
- Experience leading technical teams ideally across Data Engineering or DevOps.
- Experience adding value or operating at Exec level.
For more information or to apply, please send your updated CV to Kris@mbnsolutions.com or apply now.