Senior Data Scientist
- Data Science
About the role
MBNs client, recognised as one of the largest digital supermarkets are on growing their established team of Optimisation Scientists (Operational Researchers) following further, deserved, investment from the board as the Data Science team are seen as a vehicle for innovation and differentiation.
You would join a team of A players that have been responsible for over £750,000,000 of revenue returns over the last 2 years through the delivery of end to end machine learning products.
- Progression path from day one which is completely based on merit
- not tenure related or by any other irrelevant measurable.
- <5% attrition rate in the last 2 years (Data Science team)
- To work on industrial-scale optimisation problems such as:
- Network Optimisation
- Spatial optimisation
- People and resource optimisation
- Price optimisation
- Identify areas of impact across the capacity planning and fulfilment space.
- To work collaboratively within the Data Science team to help solve broader Data Science problems
- Experience writing production ready code in Java or C++
- Experience researching, prototyping, and implementing algorithms
- Expertise in Metaheuristic algorithms such as:
- Genetic algorithm, Simulated annealing, Large neighbourhood search
- PhD or similar industry experience, Operational Research, Optimisation or Maths.
If this is you and you would like to work in a collaborative, boundary pushing team then apply or get in touch with David at MBN directly.