Senior Data Scientist – Python Machine Learning, Finance – London £115k
MBN have partnered with an early stage Data Science Consultancy to find a Senior Data Scientist to join their Data Science team.
What will you do?
As a Senior Data Scientist you’ll be creating solutions for complex problems in the Financial Services sector such as predicting stock prices and forecasting companies’ valuations by applying Machine Learning using Python Libraries such as Numpy, Pandas, SciKitLearn etc. and NLP.
Who will you work for?
They started 4 years ago and have made huge achievements so far. With founders that have been established in the Investment Banking/Asset Management sector for many years, they’ve built a team of over 20 people to date, developed a successful portfolio of products and have recently been listed on the London Stock Exchange.
The offices are based in Central London (near Piccadilly), but you’ll have the freedom to work from wherever you like. They have people in UK and US at the moment and are location agnostic.
You will play an influential role in the development of the company as well as the junior members of the Data Science team. You’ll have the freedom to run projects off the back of your ideas (fully funded by the company)
What will I need to have?
This opening for a Senior Data Scientist would be ideal for someone with:
- At least 6 years of experience developing with Python
- 3 years’ experience with Python Machine Libraries (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, SciKitLearn etc.) in industry.
- 3 years experience applying NLP (NLTK, SpaCY, GATE, StanfordNLP etc.)
- Previous experience working within the Financial service sector (particularly Investment Banking or Asset Management)
- Experience working on High Yield Credit debt
Anything else that would help?
- Ability to communicate Data Science to non-technical people.
- Entrepreneurial mindset
What’s the compensation like?
You’ll receive a generous base salary, healthy performance based bonus and be eligible for stock options after your probation period. There are also other benefits such as a generous holiday allowance and private medical.
How do I apply?
If you feel this is the role for you or would like to find out more get in touch by clicking the ‘apply now’ button or get in touch with me by the following:
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call me on 01412250189