Senior Data Scientist
- Data Science
About the role
Senior Data Scientist – Edinburgh
£50,000 - £70,000 + Package
MBN are partnering with Optima Partners to help them appoint a Senior Data Scientist.
Optima Partners is an ambitious, innovation led consulting business and a leader in customer focused transformation. They work closely with some of the leading UK and Global brands to scope, design and deliver advanced analytical solutions to enrich their products and services. Additionally, they are highly passionate about their people, delivering value to their clients and enhancing the data community they are part of by creating scientific panels and partnering with research institutions to continue raising the bar across analytics and machine learning.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will play a central role in contributing to our data-driven practice areas delivering data-excellence to Optima’s clients and partners. You will have an emerging record of designing data-driven solutions and have some experience communicating solutions to a diverse team of stakeholders.
You will be a gifted and natural problem solver with experience using a variety of open-source languages (R/Python). You will be statistically minded and have built models, validated them, and back-tested them. You have a working knowledge of data science analysis methods, e.g., clustering, classification, sentiment analysis, time series, and deep learning. Building and maintaining strong relationships and earning and maintaining confidence with both clients and business leaders are critically important responsibilities for this role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a data scientist to join a vibrant data-science practice – which specialises in Statistics, Causal Inference, Machine Learning and AI, and their appropriate application to questions of outstanding commercial interest – working at the cutting edge of data-driven innovation in both commercial and academic settings. You will have access to a wide network of data experts and will be invited to contribute to research and innovation projects with partner businesses as well as collaborations with some of the world’s top universities. You will benefit from our data-science practice’s continuous learning and knowledge share ethos, helping us all to stay at the forefront of a fast-paced data-driven world.
- Advanced user of SQL, Python and or R
- Expertise in business intelligence dashboards (e.g.,) Microsoft Power Bi, Tableau
- Experience of commercial analytics (particularly statistical methods, (e.g.,) hypothesis testing, longitudinal data analysis)
- Working knowledge of Statistics
- Working knowledge of ML techniques
Desired Skills (non-essential)
- Experience with one or more customer decision hub platforms (e.g.,) Pega (preferred), Teradata RTIM
- Experience in automation and API’s (preferred)
- Experience working in Git environments, understanding of API’s and CI/CD
- Experience with containerization (e.g.,) Kubernetes, Docker