Senior Data Scientist
- Data Analytics
About the role
Senior Data Scientist – Glasgow
£50,000 - £60,000 + Comprehensive Benefits
MBN are exclusively partnering with a global energy brand, headquartered in Glasgow to appoint a Senior Data Scientist. The role will involve the creation, development and production of machine learning models to optimise asset performance and support energy transition to reduce carbon footprint.
- Using statistical methods to unlock value from data of which machine learning models can be created.
- Collaborate effectively with analytics team members, engaging in frequent knowledge sharing to cultivate innovation
- Understand business/stakeholder requirements and develop machine learning algorithms which predict operational behaviour, improve asset performance and identify threats
- Collaborate with the team and wider business units to build data products capable of helping make informed decisions on processes and behaviours
- Developing & Productionising ML solutions around the following projects:
- Assets – Predictive maintenance & reliability (optimising maintenance schedules)
- Operations – Demand forecasting, building emission profiles for the assets, supporting energy transition to reduce carbon footprint, run asset optimally
- Sales & Marketing – Sales Optimisation and revenue forecasting
- Commercial experience developing some of the following techniques: cluster analysis, decision trees, time series, regression, propensity modelling, Bayesian, NLP, Neural Nets
- Experience working in cloud-based platforms, in particular experience using Databricks and Azure advantageous
- Strong programming skills specifically with Python and or SQL, R, Scala
- Knowledge of Spark, MLFlow, PyTorch, Power BI, TensorFlow – desirable
For more information or to apply, please send across your updated CV to Kris@mbnsolutions.com or apply now.