Senior Data Scientist
- Data Science
About the role
Senior Data Scientist – Edinburgh (Remote Working Available)
Up to £70,000 + Package
MBN are partnering exclusively with an ambitious, innovation led consulting business who are a leader in customer focused transformation to help them appoint a Senior Data Scientist.
They work closely with some of the leading UK and Global brands to scope, design and deliver advanced analytical solutions to enrich their products and services. Additionally, they are highly passionate about their people, delivering value to their clients and enhancing the data community they are part of by creating scientific panels and partnering with research institutions to continue raising the bar across analytics and machine learning.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will play a central role in contributing to our data-driven practice areas delivering data-excellence to the company’s clients and partners. You will have an emerging record of designing data-driven solutions and have some experience communicating solutions to a diverse team of stakeholders.
You will be a gifted and natural problem solver with experience using a variety of open-source languages. You will be statistically minded and have built models, validated them, and back-tested them. You have a working knowledge of data science analysis methods, e.g., clustering, classification, sentiment analysis, time series, and deep learning. You’ll have the ability to work with cross functional teams across large organisations communicating the value of your models.
- Advanced programming skills across Python & SQL
- Knowledge of training models within GCP or AWS (highly advantageous)
- Experience developing Machine Learning Solutions with a particular emphasis on Reinforcement Learning
- Experience with Supervised Learning methods, Gradient Boosting, XG Boost & Random Forests
- Expertise in business intelligence dashboards (e.g.,) Microsoft Power Bi, Tableau
- Working knowledge of Statistics
- Working knowledge of ML techniques
- Knowledge of developing ML solutions to recommend Customer Next Best Action (Highly advantageous)