Senior Data Scientist
- Data Science
- £60,000 - £70,000
About the role
Senior Data Scientist
Up to £70,000 + Equity + Benefits package
Remote hybrid role
Primarily home working with 2 days / month in Edinburgh or Glasgow office
Fully remote interview process
We are looking for a Data Scientist for a new software-as-a-service (SaaS) startup that is a collaboration between industry veterans in analytics & technology and a venture fund with deep expertise that will leverage analytics, data and AI to help the industry drive operational excellence in projects.
In this role you’ll have the ability to impact product direction of an early startup, but without the typical data availability problems.
The Data Scientist will join the Research & Development team, leading the efforts to build data models whilst working with the technical leadership team to develop methods for extracting, modelling, and leveraging data from a range of semi-structured sources. You’ll be closely involved in each step in the process, from initial capture and processing of data through to actioning it in our smart user interfaces as well as building our realtime and episodic learning cycles.
You’ll work closely with the data operations team who will provide an infrastructure for scalable data experiments, our domain experts who will provide an understanding of what the data and insights mean and our user interface and product managers who will provide surfaces that make the insights actionable to our clients.
Do you have:
- Experience applying data science techniques to building products and services?
- Hands on experience designing and developing models from scratch using R, Python, Matlab or similar technologies?
- A strong understanding of scalable analysis and interpretation of semi-structured data?
- Experience in leading the deployment of data centric methods within an organisation?
- Lead the creation of models for describing and predicting real-world processes
- Collaborate on the development of mixed-initiative interactive systems that use these models
- Design realtime learning and reward cycles
- Collaborate effectively and represent what data driven approaches can and cannot do with the broad interdisciplinary team
For more info press apply now!