Senior Data Scientist
- Data Science
About the role
Senior Data Scientist– Edinburgh (Hybrid / Remote)
Up to £65,000 + Package
MBN are partnering with a new Industrial IoT startup who are looking to become the UK’s largest Data & Analytics specialist focused on delivering against the promise of the 4th industrial revolution.
The promise of the industry 4.0 is that connectivity between devices has the potential to deliver huge gains in productivity, efficiency, and innovation but without harnessing the power of this interconnected world, that promise will never be realised.
Through this role you will have the opportunity to deliver world class solutions to their customers through the use of Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence applications.
Life as a Senior Data Scientist
Our Senior Data Scientist is someone who feels the most comfortable around messy data, solving problems and answering questions. We place a high value on the ability to communicate and translate complex analytical thinking into non-technical and commercially oriented concepts, and experience working on difficult projects and/or with demanding stakeholders is always appreciated.
This role will be responsible for driving high delivery standards and innovation in the company. Typically, this involves using data analytics and machine learning to conduct in-depth analysis which uncovers actionable insights and then reporting the findings back to stakeholders in a clear and relevant manner.
As the Senior Data Scientist, you will be mentoring junior analysts/data scientists and leading project teams as part of day-to-day functions.
Key Skills & Experience Required
- Have been involved as a senior member of a team or technical lead where you have provided subject matter expertise ideally across machine learning
- Be the technical interface between the data science team and the business stakeholders ensuring both parties are aligned and meeting expectations
- Machine learning capabilities (supervised and unsupervised) e.g Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, K-means, Neural Nets etc
- Strong programming in Python
Nice to have
- Experience with recommendation systems advantageous
- Ability to work and process large amounts of data/experience working with cloud environments
- Deep Learning knowledge (Pytorch, TensorFlow, Keras) for NLP and Computer Vision related projects
- Computer vision projects – detection, categorisation and classification of industrial images
- NLP – document parsing, text classification and categorisation
- Other more generic DS projects – predictive asset maintenance, propensity modelling
- Experience and working knowledge of relevant sectors (e.g. manufacturing, energy, public sector, automotive and utilities industries) is desired but not essential
- Ability to be flexible with approaches, techniques, and technology
- Data visualisation using software such as Tableau and PowerBI
For more information or to apply, please send across an updated CV to email@example.com or apply now.