The Client is a leading provider of financial controls, regulatory reporting and data management software. Established in 1994, we are a fast paced and innovative FinTech with a customer base made up of some of the world’s leading financial services companies and we continue to go from strength to strength.
We have some ambitious targets for the coming years including significant growth to our customer base and increasing our presence globally. To achieve our objectives and to take our award-winning product to the next level, we know we need to build on our already fantastic and dedicated teams across the business. We are now looking to expand our highly skilled and dedicated product development team and are looking for a number of driven and ambitious candidates to join our talented team.
Overview of the role:
They need to do more than simply keep pace; we want to lead the way. Our Edinburgh based Product Development team’s primary focus is to do just that. They work to improve, innovate and develop our core financial management solution.
Working as part of a close-knit team, our Developers deliver software solutions either through creation of programs, configuration/customisation of platforms, or a combination of both. This along with the capture & analysis of requirements is all part of the role. Our Developers focus on technical solutions to the challenges facing our customers now and in the future.
Overview of responsibilities
· Undertake specific assigned tasks e.g. bug fixes, small features and customisations.
· Running of automated and manual tests
· Developing knowledge of the code base (or its related modules.)
· Developing knowledge of the primary Product Development tools, in particular SQLBUILD and the build process. Able to find and modify tools under guidance.
· Developing knowledge of key product processes, in particular code review, build, and use of version control.
Technical Skills Required:
Basic understanding of components of Microsoft / Web development environment including:
· C# + .NET Framework / .NET Core (or translatable skills from other environments)
· ASP.NET Razor, MVC, web forms
· SQL (SQL Server especially)
· HTML5, CSS