Senior/Principal Data Scientist
- Data Analytics
About the role
Principal Data Scientist – Media - London - £120k
We’re looking for a Senior or Principal Data Scientist who has experience developing Machine Learning models, evaluating and choosing the tools and technologies and driving projects.
Who are we?
We’re one of the UK’s largest media companies and we’re looking for a Principal Data Scientist to join our Data Science team who are working on modelling business problems including, our next generation of intelligent pricing, marketing, customer engagement tools. Building predictive and personalization models and deploying products at scale.
What should my background look like?
You’ll come from a strong statistical analysis/mathematical background with experience in applying solutions to real world problems. You’ll be able to identify opportunities in data, have experience reviewing code for juniors colleagues, worked with Data Engineering, Machine Learning and non technical stakeholders. You’ll be comfortable assessing and determining how to optimize processes.
What skills should I have?
As our Principal Data Scientist you will have:
- At least 4 years experience in Statistics and Machine Learning
- Experience with Python Machine Learning libraries (NumPy, Pandas, SKLearn etc)
- At least 3 years Python programming experience
- Experience applying models to Big Data
- Familiar with the principles of Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD)
- Familiar with cloud (We use GCP- but any cloud is fine)
- Ability to translate technical stuff to non technical colleagues
What’s on offer?
There’s a generous base salary of up to £120k on offer alongside a generous package which includes, up to 15% bonus, up to 10% matched pension contribution, extensive healthcare and wellness program and flexible working. This position will have flexible/Hybrid working but you will be required to attend one of our offices in London or Berkshire on occasions.
How do I find out more?
If you feel this is the role for you or would like to find out more get in touch by clicking the ‘apply now’ button or get in touch with me by the following:
- Email me at email@example.com
- Call me on 01412250189