Senior Software Engineer (Machine Learning & Data) – Edinburgh
Up to £85,000 + Extensive Package
MBN are exclusively partnering with one of the world’s largest Investment Management providers to help them appoint a Senior Software Engineer who will join their global AI Labs team.
AI Labs is a central Data Science and Engineering team that was set up to accelerate innovation and technology in artificial intelligence. It has around 25 employees who are intellectually challenged to impact the entire business using machine learning to tackle strategic problems.
In this role you will bring knowledge of algorithmic/software development powered by a mathematical/statistical mindset to productionise models that have incremental effects on the business.
- Help lead architecture on a multi-discipline, multi-region team of data scientists, engineers,
- Build and maintain tools and services supporting the full model development life cycle for statistical, ML, and optimization models (e.g., feature engineering, backtesting and simulation, validation, deployment)
- Maintain and monitor production models and experimentation
- Tune performance in both single-threaded and distributed environments
- Enforce high-quality patterns and practices for maintaining model pipelines
- Software engineering experience with 2+ years in API-backed ML deployment
- Strong programming language skills in Python
- Significant experience with SQL (e.g., RDBMS, Spark, Presto, or BigQuery)
- Experience with modeling, optimization, and data manipulation tools (e.g., scikit-learn, XGBoost, cvxpy, Pandas, Spark, or PyTorch)
- Experience with at least one low-level or scientific language (e.g., C, Rust, Go, Julia, or R)
- Experience with data visualization technologies (e.g., Dash, streamlit, plotly, matplotlib, Superset, or other BI tools) – Advantageous
- Experience containerising models (Docker, Kubernetes) and deploying them to a cloud hosted environment
For more information or to apply, please send an updated CV to Kris@mbnsolutions.com or press apply now.