< Back to Job Search Data Engineer
Data Engineer – Edinburgh
£35,000 – £50,000 + Comprehensive Package
MBN are exclusively partnering with an iconic global brand within the Financial Services sector to help them appoint a Data Engineer. The role will provide you with an opportunity to support with the development of their big data and cloud platforms and broaden your skillset across modern data engineering practices.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll play a key role in delivering value for customers by building data solutions. You’ll be carrying out data engineering tasks to build a scalable data pipelines including carrying out data extractions, transforming data to make it usable to analysts and data scientists, and loading data into data platforms.
Key Skills & Experience required:
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts such as fact dimensional models or slowly changing dimensions.
- Experience working across a SAS, Teradata or SQL environment with programming capabilities to suit.
- Experience ingesting data from multiple systems and building ETL pipelines across any of the following tools (PySpark, SAS DI Studio, Informatica, SSIS or equivalent)
- Knowledge across public cloud or big data platforms (AWS or Hadoop preferred but not essential). Advantageous
- Solid understanding of modern programming principles such as Python. Advantageous
- Experience managing parts of the project lifecycle, delivering results on time whilst managing stakeholders.
For more information, please press apply.
£ £35,000-£50,000 + Comprehensive Package
Posted: 2nd Oct 2020
Closing: 30th Apr 2021Apply for Job