< Back to Job Search Data Engineer (Software)
Data Engineer (Software) – Edinburgh
Up to £65,000 + Package
MBN are partnering with a highly reputable Data & Technology Consultancy, known for their high quality of delivery and consistent high standards.
You will deploy production ready Cloud and Big Data systems and thus, need proven experience in ETL, Data Development, Data Warehousing and Migration. Having experience in Software Engineering is highly advantageous as Software principles will be implemented across client sites to develop data platforms.
This will present the chance to collaborate with Data Science, Big Data, and Cloud teams on exciting, diverse projects and through your work, you will have the chance to shape how the Data Engineering role looks in the future.
Skills & Experience required:
- Software Engineering knowledge (Containerisation, Optimisation, Coding standards, Infrastructure as code, CI/CD, Testing, Logging, Monitoring)
- Good Python Programming skills (Multithreading, Parallel Processing, Task Distribution) More than just using Python as a scripting language
- Advanced SQL programming skills – Writing complex queries against non relational databases
- Cloud Knowledge (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Data Streaming knowledge – Kafka, PySpark or equivalent
- Experience Designing & Delivering Data Solutions (DataBricks, Data Storage)
- Experience developing big data platforms or working on cloud migrations highly desirable
For more information or to apply, please send an updated CV to Kris@mbnsolutions.com or press apply now.
£ Up to £65,000 + Package
Posted: 11th Mar 2021
Closing: 22nd May 2021Apply for Job