< Back to Job Search Data Engineer (Test)
We’re working with a leading broadcast media company, supporting in their search for a Test focused Data Engineer to join their established team.
The successful candidate is expected to have a solid understanding of Big Data principles. This business ingests a phenomenal amount of data which can sometimes cause issues or inaccuracies in the data and storage systems. As a Test Data Engineer you will work with various teams to identify data issues, rectify them and move the data on to the desired team member. Strong SQL is essential for this role, as well as cloud experience as they work mainly with GCP’s BigQuery, and Python or Unix scripting experience would be a fantastic bonus.
• Contribute expertise across teams and be forward thinking in your approach. If you identify a problem, actively pursue it and get involved with communication channels.
• Use your SQL skills to move data around and query GCP based datasets and set-up automation pipelines using Python
• Mentor and coach more junior members of the team, being a role model in terms of working practices
• A self-starter who is confident at communicating across teams will thrive, as we need someone who will actively tackle problems and ensure all stakeholders are informed
• Demonstrable experience of testing data across large data warehouses, data streaming and data pipeline projects
• Strong SQL skills enabling large scale data transfer and querying
• Good experience with GCP or AWS cloud.
• Experience using Selenium, Cucumber, ControlM, Netezza, LeanFT is highly desirable.
£ Up to £60,000 + Benefits
Posted: 13th Oct 2020
Closing: 29th Oct 2020Apply for Job