< Back to Job Search Head of AI Research
Head of AI Research – Edinburgh
Six Figure Package
MBN are exclusively engaged with a distinguished brand with a Global outreach within the Financial Services Industry. We have partnered to appoint an individual as the Head of AI Research within one of the most ground-breaking AI and Machine Learning teams within the sector.
The successful candidate will create, develop and build a Research & Development AI function, the first of its kind within the organization. Designed by academic craft, built to cultivate change and innovation, the R&D team will research, prototype and deploy novel machine and deep learning models that will have an immense impact on the wider business’ strategy.
- Lead by example; You will have the chance to spearhead the companies AI projects by overseeing a number of key data projects.
- Recruiting, coaching and mentoring a team of data scientists and machine learning engineers.
- Liaise with key business stakeholders to understand the business needs and develop data-centric solutions.
- Work cross-functionally across Research and Development teams to develop POC designs into tangible business solutions
- Be a key player in the evolution of the business’ data infrastructure, so that it is capable of the mass scale of machine learning models.
Key Skills & Experience
- A PhD candidate with rich experience in a research/PostDoc capacity.
- Experience coaching, mentoring or leading teams within an academic or commercial environment.
- Examples of successfully applying your research in a commercial setting.
- Highly experienced programmer ideally within Python/Scala or TensorFlow/Keras.
- Highly knowledgeable in areas such as Deep Learning, NLP or Computer Vison.
- A range of skills within Machine Learning including but not limited to (Decision Trees, Random Forests, Gradient Boosting, SVM & Neural Networks)
- A good knowledge of modern software engineering/DevOps principles including (CI/CD, containerization, Docker) to help facilitate the productionisation of ML algorithms (Advantageous).
- Developing models at scale using Python or Scala and deploying to a live environment (Advantageous).
- Knowledge of concept drifting to ensure quality of your data is high and accurate and the ability to test your coding standards
- Experience managing end to end projects, delivering results on time whilst managing multiple stakeholders.
For more information, please contact [email protected] or press apply.
£ £Six Figure Package
Posted: 31st Jul 2020
Closing: 2nd Oct 2020Apply for Job