< Back to Job Search Head of Data Engineering
MBN’s client, an internationally recognised broadcast media company, are currently going through one of the most important data expansions in their history. They require a Head of Data Engineering to be the driving force behind the growth of the data platform, shaping strategy and supporting delivery to produce highest quality data solutions.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about Data Engineering, particularly within cloud environments. You’ll lead 4 teams of Data Engineers – around 100 engineers with varying responsibilities, through the data lifecycle, from start to finish and will act as strategist, motivator, and mentor. Stakeholder management is key to manage expectations while keeping the team performance up and morale strong in the fast-paced environment. The team are currently migrating to GCP and are designing modern data solutions within that environment, to generate some of the most in-depth analytical insights in the country.
Outside of the data team, you will have broad responsibilities such as shaping the wider recruitment plan through external collaboration and influencing how the business is conveyed to younger generations. Budgeting and forecasting is extremely important, as well as organisation and communications skills.
Tech and skills:
• Strong experience with cloud platforms, preferably GCP but AWS and Azure also considered
• Experience of managing at enterprise level within a data environment
• Solid understanding of what your team are doing on a day-to-day basis from a hands-on perspective
• Bring a positive aura to the function, energising and motivating those around you (be a role model)
• Experience of planning and delivering large scale data projects, understanding budgets and timescales
• Talent development – be able to identify potential, as well as areas that need more attention
If you’re interested in finding out more, please message Euan Vance on LinkedIn or email firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll be delighted to have a chat
£ Comprehensive salary, bonus & benefits
Posted: 28th Oct 2020
Closing: 16th Mar 2021Apply for Job