< Back to Job Search Lead Data Engineer
Lead Data Engineer – Edinburgh
£70,000 – £100,000 + Comprehensive Package
MBN are exclusively partnering with an iconic global brand within the Financial Services sector to help them appoint a Lead Data Engineer. The role will provide you with an opportunity to shape the technical direction of their big data and cloud platforms, develop the technical expertise of the data engineers within the team and support the imminent growth of the engineering function.
- Lead & inspire a team of data engineers to build automated data pipelines, ensuring data sets are robust and readily available to the analytics and data science teams.
- Work with key stakeholders to deliver strategic data solutions providing scalable data platforms and rich datasets.
- Support the continuous development and maintenance of a modern cloud platform (AWS), big data platform (Hadoop) and existing on-premise data warehouses.
- Advise on best practice across embedding new data techniques and pathing the way for change through platform migration projects.
Key Skills & Experience required:
- Aptitude for leading and growing a data engineering team providing expert technical and strategic direction.
- Technical expertise across public cloud or big data platforms (AWS or Hadoop preferred but not essential). Experience of ETL technical design & automated data quality testing.
- Solid understanding of modern programming principles and data streaming tools.
- Experience managing end to end projects, delivering results on time whilst managing multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of Data or platform Migrations ideally from legacy to cloud/big data but not essential.
For more information, please send an updated cv to Kris@mbnsolutions.com or press apply now.
£ £70,000-£100,000 + Comprehensive Package
Posted: 30th Apr 2020
Closing: 27th Feb 2021Apply for Job