< Back to Job Search Senior Data Engineer (BI)
London (Remote for now)
MBN have partnered with one of Europe’s fastest growing Fintechs who are changing the way we exchange currencies from around the world. For their Business Intelligence team, we’re looking to appoint a talented Engineer with skills in data streaming, modelling, and an understanding of how financial data is utilised.
The term ‘Big Data’ is not used lightly here. They have designed a bespoke microservices based architecture to ensure more than 3 billion data records are processed per quarter. You’ll be working in an agile environment with a mixture of data and business experts around you, who will be looking for your guidance in ‘best fit’ data modelling and querying techniques. As this is a super modern data environment, they use modern data streaming tools such as Airflow & Kafka, within an AWS and Snowflake framework.
The Senior Data Engineer (BI) will own the BI Data Pipeline and be the key influencer of the team, helping set out the plan for advancing the BI ecosystem with well thought out designs and models – communicating this to your direct colleague and those around you in the wider finance function. The end goal for your team is to ensure that the data coming into the business is received by the reporting teams in the correct way, as efficiently as possible.
Tools and Skills
- Advanced SQL skills, with Python coding experience desirable
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Snowflake
- Experience with data streaming using Kafka, Druid, Spark or similar
- At least 3 years of doing schema design, modelling and related tools (Edwin, ER Studio etc)
- Ability to pro-actively build scalable pipelines & models while communicating progress to stakeholders
- Experience/understanding of financial data/reports and how reports are used in a business context
Truly a fantastic opportunity within one of Europe’s fastest growing FinTech’s, and a chance to demonstrate your engineering abilities – Send your CV to EuanVance@mbnsolutions.com to apply.
£ Up to £65,000 + fantastic stock options
Posted: 4th Feb 2021
Closing: 1st Apr 2021Apply for Job