< Back to Job Search Software Engineering Lead- DataOps
Software Engineering Lead- DataOps
£100,000-£150,000 + excellent benefits package + bonus
Brand new role in Edinburgh with a fast-growing Financial Software Company that services clients worldwide. The organisation has been seen as leading innovator in the market for several years due to their use of advanced technologies and are now looking to take the next step in their journey.
Recently they have been working on a new analytics platform that will be taking advantage of cloud services and advanced technologies that will allow them to add content more quickly and provide real-time streaming. They have already made great steps in this process and have now created a new Data Platform team to own and evolve this product.
They are looking for an experienced Software Engineering Lead to come in and take ownership of this function. This won’t be a hands-on coding role; however, this person will still need to have a very good level of technical knowledge. The new platform has been built using Golang, Java, Python, and they are using containerisation technologies such as Kubernetes. They are also about go live on Microsoft Azure.
• Experience working within a Software Engineering role, with previous/current experience of OOP Languages (Golang, C++, Java, Python).
• Experience taking ownership of projects, processes, architectural decisions.
• Preferably experience leading a small team.
• Knowledge/Experience of Cloud technologies (Azure preferred).
• Knowledge around building and deploying distributed systems.
• Experience with containerisation technologies, such as Kubernetes/Docker.
• Experience with Big Data Technologies such as Kafka would be highly desirable.
• Relational Database knowledge/experience.
If the role sounds of interest and you would like to learn more, apply ASAP with a copy of your CV! The role is Edinburgh based and candidates must be capable of being in the office when the time comes that we are allowed to be, however there are very good home-working options for this stage.
£ £100,000-£150,000 + excellent benefits package + bonus
Posted: 3rd Dec 2020
Closing: 5th Feb 2021Apply for Job