MBN Solutions Policy Statement: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Get in touch today
0141 225 0130
MBN Solutions (encompassing MBN Academy, Scottish Blockchain Meetup, DevOps Glasgow, and Scottish Data Science & Technology Meetup) takes the threat posed by the recent coronavirus outbreak seriously, but this is tempered by understanding that panic or knee-jerk reactions will only accentuate harm.
Our full, comprehensive policy and contingency plan is available on request to our clients and suppliers. The approach we have adopted is based on fundamental guidance from the following sources:
• The World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
• Gov.uk: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public
• National Health Service: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
• Advice on travel: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Our outline approach as a business
We aim to maintain a business-as-usual position and to continue to meet our obligations and duty of care to our staff and clients while carefully observing what is likely to be a developing scenario. In doing this, we will take into account governmental advice from the areas in which we operate coupled with our real-world experiences. Should we or one of our clients cancel or curtail any activity, then our standard contractual terms will be applied regarding any payments made or due.
We expect our staff to continue to fulfil their roles and their obligations to our clients; any changes to this expectation will be informed by government advice and communicated both to staff and to our clients accordingly.
Face to face meetings and meetup delivery
From a face to face and meetup delivery perspective, MBN will take the following approach:
• We will ask client sites and venues about concerns and plans around COVID-19 and /or contagion.
• For staff attending client sites where an outbreak has been confirmed or suspected, we will ask the client to confirm that the relevant precautions as identified by government or international authorities have been taken. Providing this is confirmed by the client, then the face to face activities should be discharged as normal.
• Where necessary and feasible, we will make arrangements to provide business as usual meetings remotely via telephone or video conference.
• MBN meetups are postponed until further notice.
• As the epidemic progresses, we may need to cancel events and move meetings to telephone/video conference at short notice and hope that you will understand that such decisions will not be taken lightly, but will be activated in the interests of reducing risks to our members and staff alike.
Our other business lines and services that are delivered remotely are unaffected by this policy.