Data Protection Legislation
Even though the UK left the EU, the GDPR is still applicable in the UK. The Government intends for the GDPR to continue in UK law post Brexit and has therefore enforced the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR. (a) Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR; (b) the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679; (c) the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (as may be amended by the proposed Regulation on Privacy and Electronic Communications); and (d) any legislation that replaces or converts into United Kingdom law, UK GDPR, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the proposed Regulation on Privacy and Electronic Communications or any other law relating to data protection, and the processing of personal data and privacy resulting from the United Kingdom leaving the European Union. The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across the UK and EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
Under data protection legislation, the “data controller” of personal data which is collected and processed by MBN Solutions is MBN Recruitment Solutions Ltd (a company registered in Scotland with registered number SC314883), which is located at 112 West George Street, Glasgow G2 1PN. MBN Solutions’ Data Protection Officer is located at the same address and can also be reached by email at email@example.com.
Our nominated EU Representative
MBN Solution is based in the UK and as such needs an EU Representative. Our EU Representative is based in Dublin, Ireland can be contacted at: Company Name: Instant EU GDPR Representative Ltd Name: Adam Brogden Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel+ 353 15 549 700 EU Dublin Address: INSTANT EU GDPR REPRESENTATIVE LTD 69 Esker Woods Drive, Lucan Co. Dublin Ireland If you would like to make a GDPR request, you can do so by contacting our GDPR Representative or using the online portal here: https://mbnrecruitmentsolutions.gdprlocal.com/eu
Collection, use and processing of personal information
When you use or register with https://mbnsolutions.com/, we may ask for certain Personal Information. The categories of Personal Information we may request include your name and contact information (email, address, phone number or CV). Depending on the nature of your enquiry or activities on the website, we may also ask for your job search criteria and preferences, your employment experience, salary, educational history, your skills, references information, background information, expectations and other information contained in your CV. For candidates who have previously been registered with or worked for MBN. Should any of your Personal Information change, you should inform MBN . without delay. We use Personal Information and other data collected through the website to register you with the website, to provide you with information regarding employment opportunities and career-related information, and to otherwise provide you with requested information or services. MBN will process your Personal Information for contract or permanent recruitment requirements and for the purpose of producing statistics and complying with GDPR regulations. Information about your health and/or court/criminal record is only processed if it is relevant to any registration you may make and this information will only be processed in accordance with the restrictions imposed by law. If you provide MBN with information about third parties, MBN will assume that the third party in question has given you permission to do so and to MBN to collect, to process and to transfer their Personal Information to the same extent as yours. By accepting our Terms & Conditions, you authorize us to use your Personal Information to send you automated email messages or marketing materials regarding our services, including employment information. You may opt out of receiving such marketing email messages at any time.
Disclosures and transfers of personal information
MBN may disclose Personal Information to third parties. The disclosure to third parties would occur in the following circumstances: We will disclose Personal Information to our clients where necessary and appropriate in connection with the provision of staffing services including contract and permanent placements for IT professionals. We may disclose Personal Information to companies and individuals we employ to perform business functions and services on our behalf. Such functions may include, for example, hosting our Web servers, analyzing data, providing legal, accounting and marketing services. We may disclose Personal Information to the extent necessary or appropriate to government agencies, advisers, and other third parties in order to comply with applicable laws, the service of legal process, or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law requiring such disclosure; (b) protect the rights or property of MBN ; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security or (d) protect the personal safety of the users or the public. The data protection laws outside the EU may not provide an equivalent level of protection to those in the United Kingdom, but MBN will abide by this Statement, as well as any applicable laws, when data is transferred. MBN will take steps to ensure that such recipients of data transfers are made aware of this Statement and take action to preserve the confidentiality and security of your personal data.
Access and information
• If you wish to pursue or correct any of your Personal Information or if you have any other questions in connection with the processing of your Personal Information, please contact: MBN Solutions , 112 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1PN. . Or email requests to email@example.com
Personal data that is processed when you create an MBN Solutions account:
When you create an MBN Solutions account, we ask you to provide your email address and name.
Purposes and Legal Grounds:
- MBN Solutions processes your email address because you use your email address and your password to sign into your account. The legal ground for processing your email address for this purpose is based on MBN Solutions’ legitimate interest in protecting the security of your account.
- If you provide your opt-in consent to receiving marketing information from MBN Solutions, MBN Solutions will also process your email address for the purpose of sending you marketing information about MBN Solutions products and apps. The legal ground for processing your email address for this purpose is your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your preferences in your MBN Solutions account or through the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our marketing and newsletter emails. The marketing emails you receive from MBN Solutions are based on the preferences you provide in your MBN Solutions account, the locale indicated by your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and any subscriptions included in your MBN Solutions account. The legal ground for processing this data for this purpose is MBN Solutions’ legitimate interest in reducing the number of marketing emails sent to each particular user by selecting which users receive a particular marketing email rather than sending every marketing email to every user who has consented to receiving marketing emails.
- MBN Solutions also processes your email address to associate it with your MBN Solutions account when you interact with our consultants. The legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interest in providing quality customer support.
Personal data that is processed when you communicate with MBN Solutions:
When you interact with our consultants via email, telephone, online or in person, we collect personal data, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, CV and other relevant information relating to your work history which you may provide to us for the purposes of us providing out services to you; and information about MBN Solutions events and meetups you participate in. We may also create event logs that are useful in diagnosing usability issues with our website, and capture information relating to the support or service issue. To improve customer service, subject to applicable laws, we may also record and review conversations with our consultants, and analyse any feedback provided to us through voluntary candidate and user surveys. With your consent, our consultants may sign in to your MBN Solutions account, if appropriate, to help troubleshoot and resolve your issue.
Purposes and Legal Grounds:
We use the personal information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- processing job applications, in partnership with our clients, on whose behalf we are instructed to advertise job vacancies – this means that if you apply for a specific job, we may pass your details on to the relevant client to proceed with the application and you understand that this means you may receive further direct correspondence from them;
- allowing our clients, to understand who is making use of our Website and how their job vacancies are being viewed;
- with candidates’ permission MBN Solutions may contact candidates directly and confidentially about other potentially suitable opportunities that may be relevant in the future;
- providing you with customer and product support and monitoring the quality and types of support we provide to our users The legal grounds for processing this information are as follows:
- MBN Solutions’ legitimate interests in providing recruitment services to you and ensuring quality product support;
- to comply with our contractual obligations to you or to any clients to whom you have asked us to pass on your details;
- to comply with any other legal obligations to which we may be subject. In certain circumstances, we may also request your specific consent to process certain personal data. We will notify you if that is the case.
Categories of Recipients of Personal Data Client organisations:
Other service providers:
Transfers of Personal Data
MBN Solutions is a global business. To offer our services, we may need to transfer your personal data to client companies in other countries. When you create an MBN Solutions account, add personal data in your account profile, or upload data to your MBN Solutions account such as your CV, your personal data will be collected and stored on MBN Solutions servers in Scotland, United Kingdom. In the event that we require to transfer any of your personal data out with the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we will ensure that, in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, there are appropriate technical and organisational safeguards are in place, or that a specific derogation applies. Copies of any technical and organisational safeguards which are put in place with any organisation out with the EEA are available from our Data Protection Officer, whose contact details are set out below.
Cookies and Similar Technologies Websites:
• Google: Google Analytics is used to track site statistics and user demographics, interests and behaviour on websites. We also use Google Search Console to help understand how our website visitors find our website and to improve our search engine optimization. Find out more information about how this analytics information may be used, how to control the use of your information, and how to opt-out of having your data used by Google Analytics.
We request that individuals under 16 not provide personal data to MBN Solutions. If we learn that we have collected the personal data from a child under 16, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data as long as your MBN Solutions account is considered to be active. In addition, see below under “Your Rights” for a description of your right of erasure.
You have the right under the EU General Data Protection Regulation to request from MBN Solutions access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, data portability, restriction of processing of your personal data, the right to object to processing of your personal data, and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you are resident in the United Kingdom, the relevant supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office – www.ico.org.uk. You also have the right to withdraw your consent in circumstances in which consent has been relied upon as the basis for processing your personal data. If you remain dissatisfied, you can make a complaint about the way we process your personal information to the supervisory authority. To request access to or rectification, portability or erasure of your personal data, or to delete your MBN Solutions account, visit our Privacy Centre. If you wish to exercise your right to restrict processing or your right to object to processing, or if you have any queries relating to the processing of your personal data by MBN Solutions, please contact MBN Solutions’ Data Protection Officer at MBN Recruitment Solutions Ltd 112 West George Street, Glasgow G2 1PN or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy